New on This Site
on the link below to go to the group page, then click on
at Disley Golf Club. 3 courses & coffee plus a £2 drinks allowance - £14.50.
Tickets will be on sale at the Christmas party and January meeting.
● History Group - Next meeting is on 4th January 2012.
● Walking Group - 8th November walk report.
● Engineering & Science Group - Report of the visit to the AVRO Heritage Centre.
● Walking Group - October walk report.
● Holidays & Visits - China Town visit details - fully booked.
● Engineering & Science Group - 25th October. Visit to AVRO Heritage Centre.
● History Group - Next meeting is on 16th November.
● Holidays & Visits - September 2012 trip to Cardiff.
● Theatre Group - 2012 venues.
● Walking Group - 2012 Away Days. (Click on "Programme of walks" to find the details)
1) Tickets, £2.50, are required for the Xmas Party meeting and will be available at the November
2) The Annual Lunch will be held on Wednesday, 29th February 2012.
● Churches & Pubs Group - July visit to Ilam report.
● Family History Group - Autumn programme
● Walking Group - 28th September walk report.
● Engineering & Science Group - Inaugural meeting at the Anson Engine Museum.
● History Group - Next meeting is on 12th October.
● Walking Group - 13th September walk report.
Holidays & Visits - Normandy Report
Click here for SLIDESHOW
- A Social Evening as part of the 10th anniversary celebrations will be held on Friday 18th November. It will be a "Curry Evening" with a hotpot alternative for those who don't
like curry. Start at 7.30pm at the Village Hall and bring your own liquid refreshment.
Tickets £5 will be on sale at the September and October meetings.
During the evening we will be showing a video of the various 10th anniversary events.
● Walking Group - 31st August walk report.
● Churches & Pubs Group - September visit to Grappenhall report.
● Walking Group - 13th September walk details.
● The inaugural meeting of the Engineering and Science Group will be held at
The Anson Engine Museum, Anson Rd, Poynton on Friday 26 August at 2.30pm.
As this will be a Group visit with a minimum number of 12, a deposit of £6 per head is required on
confirmation of the booking by Friday 19 August.(This will be covered by an initial repayable loan from HL U3A.)
In addition to the many engine exhibits, some of which are unique, is a growing topographical model of the Poynton area circa 1900 which will be of interest to anyone interested in the history of Poynton and its coal mines.
Although this is an engine museum I believe that there is something foreveryone so wives and partners need not feel that they would not enjoy it.
We will have the use of their cinema to discuss our future, i.e. meeting days,visits, topics of interest,etc..
As this is a Group visit there will be a talk by one of the staff on the Museum and its contents and I hope, a conducted tour of the exhibits. Some of the exhibits will be running.
It has been suggested that we have lunch at the Boars Head which is at the junction of Anson Rd and Green Lane.
I will be there from 12.30pm if any wish to join me.
For more information see their website www.enginemuseum.org
● Dining Out Group - 13th October details.
● Walking Group - 27th July walk report.
● Family History Group - Autumn programme
● Walking Group - 31st August walk details.
- New Members meeting on Thursday, 29th September at 7.30pm in the small hall.
We have had over 50 new members since the open day so the committee think it well worthwhile to have a new members welcoming meeting. This will be an opportunity for group leaders and the committee to meet all new members and to get feedback on their first experiences with the U3A.
Wine and light refreshments will be served.
● Anniversary Train Trip - Report
● Walking Group - 27th July walk details.
Reports for the Away Days, June and 10th Anniversary Challenge walks.
● History Group - Next meeting is on 7th September.
● Theatre Group - Details of the December Carol Concert.
● Dining Out Group - 11th August details, menu available at the July meeing.
● Walking Group - June walk, meet at 10.00am.
● Dining Out Group - 23rd June details.
● Holidays & Visits - Arboretum and Tamworth Castle details and payment by the July meeting.
● Churches & Pubs Group - 6th July - Change of venue.
● Table Tennis Group - The second group at Brabyns Recreation Centre now meets weekly.
● Theatre Group - Details of the October visits.
● Holidays & Visits - Isle of Man trip report and picture gallery
● First Aid - Courses will commence on Monday 13th June and Monday 11th July.
● Ballet Appreciation Group - Meeting arrangements.
● Churches & Pubs Group - May visit report
● Walking Group - May walks reports
● History Group - Venue changed to Susan Clark's house.
● NEWS - Link to the Library Community Information Service has been added to the Information page
● Ballet Appreciation Group - New group.
● Bridge Starters Group - New group.
● History Group - Next meeting 1st June will be at Wilf's house.
● Holidays & Visits - August 2012, Iceland & Norwegian Fjords.
● Walking Group - April walk report
● Walking Group - N.B. 27th April walk now starts at 10.00am.
25th May walk details.
● Walking Group - 10th May walk details.
● NEWS - Stockport College Summer School information - Click Here
● Family History Group - Summer and Autumn information
● Walking Group - 30th March walk report.
● Table Tennis Group - A second group is being started.
● History Group - Next meeting 27th April will be at Irene's house.
● Walking Group - 27th April walk information.
● Walking Group - 8th March walk report.
● 10th Anniversary Open Day - See all the pictures!
● Walking Group - February walk report.
● DIARY DATES - The Stockport Summer School at Stockport College will be from
Monday 11th July to Friday 15th July.
● Theatre Group - Programme update for August.
● History Group - Next meeting 16th March will be at Irene's house.
● Walking Group - January walk reports.
● 10th Anniversary Lunch Pictures
● NEWS - East Lancashire railway - First class Dining.
A steam-hauled Pullman dining experience on Sunday, June 19th as part of our Anniversary Celebrations.
Leave Bolton Street station, Bury, at 1pm and return approximately 3.30pm.
Cost: £34.00 Booking and deposit of £10.00 by February general meeting.
Enquiries to Louanne Collins.
● Art Group - Starting up on 13th January.
● Christmas Party - Hat Parade - Report & Pictures.
● 2011 General Meetings Programme
● History Group - Next meeting 26th January will be at Irene's house.
● Walking Group - December walk report.
4th December 2010
● Family History Group - Spring programme details.