New on This Site
on the link below to go to the group page, then click on
● Gardening - November meeting report.
● Neighbourhood Watch Council Tax Cold Callers.
● Shakespeare Play Reading - Reading "The Tempest" & next meeting details.
● Walking Group - November & December walks reports.
- ● Churches & Pubs - November visit report.
● History Group - Next meeting details and November report.
● Holidays & Visits - 2013 - London & North Wales visits details.
● Photography - Next two meetings details.
● Theatre Matinee Group - 16th March 2013, New Vic Theatre..
● NEWS - Neighbourhood Watch messages.
● Holidays & Visits - 2013 - Visit to Belfast details.
● Walking Group - 2013 Away days.
● Walking Group - 31st October walk report.
● Walking Group - 31st October walk details.
● Gardening - First visit report.
● Bowling Group - Round Robin competition update.
● Dining-out Group - December meal details.
● Holidays & Visits - 2013 - September visit to Belfast.
● Shakespeare Play Reading - Next meeting details.
● Strollers Group - Next walks.
● New group
Shakespeare Play Reading
● Churches & Pubs - September & October visit reports.
● History Group - Next meeting details and October report.
● Walking Group - September and 2nd October walk reports.
● NEWS - Neighbourhood Watch Scams.
● Gardening - Meeting report.
● Photography - First meeting details.
● NEWS - Neighbourhood Watch More bogus callers.
● History Group - Next meeting details and September report.
● Walking Group - August 29th walk report and details of the next two walks.
● NEWS - Engineering & Science visit on 7th November - (details)
to The Theatre Organ Heritagr Centre, Eccles - (website)
● NEWS - Holidays & Visits - Cardiff Visit Itinerary
● NEWS - Neighbourhood Watch Vehicle Crime Alert.
● Sequence Dancing - Autumn programme
● NEWS - Neighbourhood Watch Bogus callers.
● New group - Sequence Dancing - trial session 24th August
● Gardening - First meeting report.
● Walking Group - August 7th walk report and details of the 29th August walk.
● NEWS - Home Watch A number of new messages - all are now indexed.
● History Group - Next meeting details and August report.
● Holidays & Visits - 2013 - May Visit to Dresden!
● Family History Group - Autumn programme.
● Strollers Group - Walk reports.
● Walking Group - July walk report.
● New groups
14th August - FUN BRIDGE!
High Lane U3A are having a fun bridge afternoon on Saturday 22nd September 2012.
A partner is required and we will be playing Chicago Pairs.
There will be prizes and also a raffle, the event will be held in High Lane Village Hall and the start time will be 2.15pm.
The tickets are £6 per person (includes afternoon tea)
All proceeds go to High Lane Village Hall - Charity number 520063.
Any one interested please contact either:
June Gibbs TEL. 01663 764935 or email email@example.com
or Margaret McDermott email firstname.lastname@example.org July
● Churches & Pubs - November visit announced.
● Holidays & Visits - 20th November tour of the Plaza theatre.
● Walking Group - 'Away Days' report and next walks.
● Music Appreciation - 17th July meeting.
● Strollers Group - A walk on 30th July.
● May 2012 Tuscany Visit - Pictures courtesy of Eric Harlin
● History Group - Next meeting details and June report.
● Walking Group - 27th June walk report.
● Dining-out Group - Chinese meal on 23rd August.
● Holidays & Visits - 16th October trip to the Lake District.
● Strollers Group - New to the website. A walk on 25th June.
● Theatre Matinee Group - Halle Christmas Carol Concert, 23rd December.
● NEWS - Home Watch message about burglaries.
● Walking Group - 12th June walk report.
● Bowling Group - Forthcoming competitions.
● Walking Group - 30th May walk report.
● Churches & Pubs - Report on the May visit to Gresford.
● Walking Group - 30th May walk details.
● Ballet Appreciation Group - report
● Churches & Pubs - Programme amendment for June
● History Group - Next meeting details and May report.
● Theatre Matinee Group - Programme additions
● Walking Group - 25th April walk report.
● Walking Group - 25th April walk details.
● Walking Group - 10th April walk report.
● History Group - Next meeting details and March report
● Walking Group - 28th March walk report.
● Marple Bridge & Mellor (Open) Gardening Group
2012 Program now available, Margaret Hogg invites new members.
● Walking Group - 28th March walk final details. N.B. August 14th walk changed to August 7th.
● Theatre Matinee Group - 27th March 2013, The Lion King. Book immediately.
● Walking Group - 22nd February walk report.
● NEWS - Neighbourhood Watch message today about burglaries.
● Ballet Appreciation Group - 2011 year end events
● History Group - Next meeting details and February report
● Philosophy - Next meeting details
● Walking Group - 14th February walk report.
● Chairman's Report - Given to the Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 8th February.
● Walking Group - 22nd February walk details
1st February For Computer Buffs!
Buy Software at reduced prices eg: - Microsoft Office 2010 professional Plus for £38.95.
Upgrade your XP or Vista system to the new Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit system for £59.22, this upgrade keeps all your files & settings in Vista versions, just upgrades the system ( XP users have to back up all their files etc. and probably like XP too much to change anyway!).
This is a web site that sells computer software to students. As U3A members we are regarded as students of the University of the Third Age. If you would like to purchase software at reduced prices click on the link above. You will then have to register as a new customer. Enter your personal details and then choose your university by entering “U3A”, then choose the “Old Municipal Buildings” as the particular institution (this is the address of the Third Age Trust).
● Walking Group - January walk report
● Family History Group - 29th March programme change.
● High Lane U3A adopts U3A official logo.
Following a request by Head Office that all U3As use the Official U3A logo, both our Newsletter and our web site change. The distinctive, blue High Lane U3A logo of the last 6 years has served us well.
● House of Commons Speaker -
John Berco, the speaker of the House of Commons, is to talk to the Romiley U3A at 10 am on Friday 3rd Feb at Woodley Methodist Church (next to the new health centre).
To get a ticket (£2) please ring Derek Hill. The charge of £2, can be given to Chris Gibson on Thursday at Woodside Tennis Club, But Derek needs to know directly to be able to order the tickets.● Theatre Matinee Group - 2012 Programme
● Dining-out Group - 2012 Programme
click link for details of this years Annual U3A Lecture which will take place on Tuesday 27 March. The tickets are £18. At present 4 members are going. Contact Chris Gibson.
● NW U3A Science Day - click link for details.
● Churches & Pubs - 2012 Programme
● Walking Group - 2012 Programme
● Walking Group - 2011 November 30th and December walks reports
● Family History Group - Spring programme
● History Group - Next meeting details and January report